I work with companies (family-controlled and non-family-controlled) on topics related to change and transformation. More specifically, I focus on topics such as strategic management, intrapreneurship & innovation management, change management, global megatrends and their impact on organizations, growth & internationalization, digital transformation, technology commercialization, as well as leadership- and talent development.
Order my book here
“Generation Jobless? is a wonderful read and primer for anyone who cares to make a difference. Truly the best work I have read on the youth labor market crisis – and a personal invitation to each and everyone of us to take part in solving the crisis for our children.” Carsten Sudhoff, Founder and CEO Circular Society AG
“Just as there is no shortage of work, there is equally no shortage of ideas. This book is full of them, and Peter Vogel’s display of them is impressive. The reader, at least this reader, left hopeful and solution-oriented, rather than wringing his hands, wondering whether anything could be done to turn generation jobless into generation jobfull”. Dr. Duncan Campbell, Director Global Mega-Trends Team, International Labour Organization
“How might we best prepare students for the world of work in the 21st century? This thorough and timely book about the youth unemployment crisis describes interesting possibilities from around the world.” Charles Fadel, co-author of “21st Century Skills: Learning for Life in Our Times” and visiting practitioner, Harvard University
"Dr. Peter Vogel's work on tackling youth unemployment around the world is inspiring and an excellent read. His mission is mine, to lay out a blueprint for those with aspirations and great ideas, so that they can become job creators, wealth creators, and in certain cases, go from unemployed to self-employed." John Hope Bryant, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Operation HOPE
“The world of work is transforming at a furious, unprecedented pace, and young people are the ones that are hit hardest. This is a truly powerful book that gives us hope that it is not too late to avoid a generation jobless.” Mike Johnson, Chairman & Founder of the Futurework Forum and author of “The Worldwide Workplace: Solving the Global Talent Equation”
“Unemployment is casting a shadow over the lives of millions of young people around the world and solutions are complex, requiring the aligned action by multiple stakeholders. In this important and fascinating book Peter Vogel takes a positive and uplifting view of what it takes for a crisis to become an opportunity. Drawing on examples from across the world, he shows how education, government and employees can each play their part.” Prof. Dr. Lynda Gratton, London Business School and author of the book 'The Shift'
I frequently attend large-scale conferences as a keynote speaker. The talks are typically centered around one of the following topics: entrepreneurship, innovation, global change, demographic change, the labor market, workplace of the future, recruiting solutions of the future.
Selected Past Engagements:
Selected Past Engagements:
- Family Matters Forum, Monterrey, Mexico (November 2016)
- Harvard Business Review Webinar (May 2016)
- Family Matters Forum, Miami, USA (November 2015)
- St. Gallen Symposium, St. Gallen, Switzerland (May 2015)
- HSG Meets ETH, Zurich Switzerland (October 4th, 2014)
- Global Economic Symposium (e-keynote), Kuala Lumpur Malaysia (September 8th, 2014)
- G20 Young Entrepreneurs' Alliance Summit (e-keynote), Sydney Australia (July 19th, 2014)
- Liverpool Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Symposium (June 17th, 2014)
- Keynote at the Future of Work, Talent & Leadership Conference by the ZFU (November 28th, 2013)
- Falling Walls, Berlin (November 8th and 9th, 2013)
- OECD Conference on Entrepreneurial Ecosystems, The Hague (November 7th, 2013)
- Global Economic Symposium, Kiel (October 1st - 2nd, 2013)
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta - Executive Conference "Swiss Innovation Ecosystem" (September 16th, 2013)
- CAINTRA MedTech Conference Monterrey, Mexico (August 15-16, 2013)
- 1st Global Necessity Entrepreneurship Conference, Urbana-Champaign, IL USA (May 6th, 2013)
- G20 Youth Forum, St.Petersburg (April 17th - 20th, 2013)
- TEDxLausanne, Switzerland (January 18th, 2013)
- Keynote at the 2nd Labor & insurance Conference by the American Chamber of Commerce (November 15th, 2012)
I not only enjoy writing scientific articles and blog posts, but also professional books and book sections. I am currently working on the following two books:
- Social Entrepreneurs @ Work (work in progress)
- Family Business @ Work (work in progress)
- Generation Jobless? Turning the Youth Unemployment Crisis into Opportunity (2015)
I occasionally join startups in their early stage and help them go through the most critical phase of their growth path. This phase of the entrepreneurial journey is characterized by elements such as developing a viable prototype, initial customer engagement, setting up a legal structure and obtaining sufficient IP protection, raising a series A investment, develop a marketing and sales strategy and hire the right team. Having gone through these various activities before, I help novice entrepreneurs in establishing their new businesses by joining their team for a limited period of time.
If I come across some highly motivated individuals with a great idea, I occasionally also do some minor investments in the earliest stages of their ventures. Typically, I then also get actively involved to help the founders build a strong company. I also help companies do investments, particularly focusing on impact investing.